1700 Competition – Terms and Conditions
1. Entry into the 1700 Weekly Giveaway competition (the “Competition”) is open to all residents of Victoria, Australia. The Promoter is SYN of 16 Cardigan St, Carlton (the “Promoter”). Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entrants are eligible to win one prize in a four week period.
3. Competition begins at 5:00pm (AEST) on Monday of the competition period and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on Friday of the compeition period (the “Competition Period”).
4. Refer to specific competition descriptions on the page located at http://syn.org.au/1700/comp.
5. The Prize values are the recommended retail values as provided by the suppliers and are correct at the time of printing. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any change in the value of the Prize occurring between publishing date and date the Prize is claimed. All Prize values are in Australian dollars.
6. The Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. The Prizes or any element of the Prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prize/s. The contents of the Prizes will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Prizes are subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the entities supplying the Prizes. The dates and venues selected by entrants cannot be changed at a later date.
JUDGING AND AWARD OF PRIZE
7. The Prizes in the Competition will be judged on the basis of creativity at SYN 16 Cardigan St, Carlton . Chance plays no part in the selection of the Prize winners. The Prize winners will be notified via email or telephone on the following Monday at around 7:00pm (AEST) They also will be announced on the LIVE show around 5:05pm on the following Monday of the Competition period and their names published on the SYN 1700 website from the next Tuesday after the competition period. The Prizes must be claimed within 14 days of the publication of the Prize winner’s name.
8. If the Prize winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize by the stipulated date, then the Prize will be forfeited and a substitute prize will not be offered in lieu of the Prize.
9. In the event that the Prize winner is under the age of 18 years, they must have parent or legal guardian over the age of 25 years permission to enter.
10. All entrants must be aged between 12 – 25 years of age and agree to provide the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent with proof of identity, residency, age and/or proof of entry validity if selected as the Prize winner or if reasonably requested by the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent. Proof of age, identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. In the event that the Prize winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Prize winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
11. By entering the Competition, each entrant warrants that their entry, is their own original work and that they own all rights, including copyright in their entry. Each entrant indemnifies the Promoter in the event that this warranty is false.
12. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter, SYN or C31 for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent the Prize winner from winning the Prize.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the award of prize/s to, and/or to disqualify any individual who, as determined in the sole discretion of the Promoter, has breached these terms and conditions or who has otherwise engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to jeopardise the fair conduct of the Competition.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the Prizes to cancel the Competition or to vary or cancel the terms of the Competition or the award of the Prize including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Promoter’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion): (a) a Prize winner does not satisfy the Competition entry requirements; or (b) the Promoter cannot conduct the Competition or award the Prize for any reason beyond its control.
15. In the event that the Promoter cancels or varies the Competition or varies or withdraws the Prize it shall not: (a) be liable to any person for any loss or damage (including loss or damage caused by any negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; and (b) be required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
16. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries and all entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the entry into the Promoter’s database and NOT time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter will accept no responsibility for any delays to entry caused by technical disruptions or malfunctions. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for outdated or incorrect contact details or contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on the relevant dates.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Prizes that are damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
18. A decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Competition is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Entrants enter the Competition at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of taking the Prize or entering the Competition.
20. By entering the Competition, the Prize winner agrees to the use of their name, image, audio-visual recording and/or photograph/s, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images, audio-visual recordings and photograph/s. If you require any further entry details please write to:1700 Comps SYN Media PO BOX 12013 A’Beckett Street Melbourne 8006