SYN is a volunteer-based organisation and we actively encourage young people aged 12-25 to engage and participate in the media-making process.
As a volunteer, you can:
- Present or produce a radio program.
- Present or produce on a TV program.
- Read the news on radio.
- Present a graveyard shift on radio (2-6am)
- Work on event and admin projects
- Contribute to technical and IT maintenance
No prior experience necessary.
Our volunteers have identified current areas of need:
– Coders (Any level of experience) for our Online Department.
– Passionate content makers across any platform
– Newsreaders with an interest in Science and Science reporting
– People who want to have fun! 🙂
Come to an Info Session
The SYN Info Session (free of charge) is your first step to media training and involvement with the awesomeness that is SYN.
Due to the large volume of interest we receive, we make the information session compulsory to join our radio training course. You can send someone else in your place to book for you.
You can book directly for our TV and Screen Training course here, but we still suggest coming to an Information Session to meet some of our staff and volunteers first.
The March Info Session is currently over capacity.
Details for the next session will be posted soon. Please be patient and do not email regarding the next date. It will be posted in the coming days on this page.
SYN Info Sessions run for approximately one hour.
Please note: You can only participate in SYN if you are between the ages of 12-25.
We will be signing up people for radio and screen/tv training at the information session
– 4 week radio course $60
– 2 x Saturdays intensive radio $70
– Under 18 10 week radio course $90
– 2 x Saturdays TV and ScreenTraining $70
Membership (compulsory): $5 Under 18 or RMIT student, $15 concession and $25 full price.
If you think you would like to sign up to any of these courses on the night please bring along your cash to secure your place. More information about the specifics of the courses will be provided on the night.
Tell yer mates!