Continuing your SYN Media journey
Did you know there are myriad ways you can get involved at SYN? Have you done a workshop through school, uni, or a community group and want to continue your media journey with us? Keep reading to find out how you can volunteer with SYN!
If you’ve ever participated in the following, you may be eligible for fast-tracked induction to become a regular volunteer at SYN:
- Radio Basics workshops
- Schools On Air
- Communities On Air
- Podcasting workshops
- Live Radio workshops.
Usually, SYN Induction involves the following modules:
- Media Law (30 minutes online)
- What is SYN? (10 minutes online)
- Creating and Presenting Content (2.5 hours, guided by a trainer)
- Presenting a Fresh Air/The Induction Show segment (included in Creating and Presenting Content)
- Studio Training (1 hour, guided by a trainer)
- How to create Off-Air and Remote Content (20 minutes – 1 hour)
- Welcome to Campus and CovidSafe training (15 minutes).
Participation in induction gets you all this training, one year of membership at SYN, and access to our studios, workshops and annual events! Being a volunteer at SYN means being able to make podcasts, live radio, and social media and web content.
Anyone aged 12-25 who has participated in a workshop in the past six months is eligible to skip ‘Creating and Presenting Content’ and fast-track their induction to receive 49% off the cost of training. Those who completed their workshop more than six months prior to joining SYN must complete all induction modules, but can receive 24% off the cost of training.
For information on how to book, email [email protected] with your name, age, the workshop you attended, and the date you attended it.