Mighty Fitzroy’s Future – A Warning
The Fitzroy River in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia is a National Heritage listed biodiversity hotspot. But depending on who you listen to, it’s either under threat of becoming a Murray Darling Basin disaster or it’s a sleeping giant of developing the north into the great food bowl of the growing Asian market.
In this three-part series, centred around the second Ministerial meeting into the future of the Fitzroy River, Dylan Storer explores different issues, points of view and opinions surrounding the future of The Mighty Fitzroy.
In This Episode
- Alannah MacTiernan, Western Australian Minister for Agriculture
- Dave Kelly, Western Australian Minister for Water
- Grant Rigney, Ngarrindjeri Regional Authority Board Member, South Australia
- William “Badger” Bates, Senior Elder – Barkandji Nation, New South Wales
- Dr Anne Poelina, Chairperson – Martuwarra Fitzroy River Council
More by The Edge
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Social Justice Commissioner June Oscar has called on Government to implement all the recomendations by the coroner, […]
Award-winning director Nicholas Wrathall investigates the true costs of development in the world-famous Kimberley, where mega-mining and pastoral developments threaten not just […]