SYN’s Schools On Air Kit
SYN’s ‘Schools On Air’ live radio puts students in our on-air studio to create their own broadcasts on community radio on 90.7 FM.
The SYN ‘Schools On Air’ Kit was created for SYN by Sally Morgan, a teacher from Parkwood Secondary College, and the Foundation for Young Australians (FYA) to support students and teachers producing live radio at SYN.
Sally has implemented ‘Schools on Air’ with her students and successfully integrated it into her curriculum. This kit offers teachers a wide variety of resources to prepare, supplement and assess your students’ ‘Schools On Air’ program.
Keen to know more about Schools On Air? Contact the Education and Training Manager: [email protected]
Schools On Air Kit
Getting started with Audacity
- Check out the Audacity training videos
- Audacity is free to download.
- To export your audio files as mP3s in Audacity, you must also download and install the LAME encoder.
- Overview and rosters
- Schools on Air Assessment Rubric
- VELS Rubric for Schools on Air
- Negotiated Assignment
- Three Level Guide for Group Discussion