The Smitten Guide – Show 1.03 21st February
The Smitten Guide – a summary of arts and culture events happening around Melbourne, Victoria and Australia
- Another Other by Chamber Made Opera finishes tonight at 8pm, tickets still available. Performed at the Meat Market in North Melbourne
- Lungs by Melbourne Theatre Company is playing at the Fairfax Studio at the Arts Centre Melbourne until 19th March
- Phantom Ride by Daniel Crooks is exhibiting at ACMI until the 29th May
- The Adelaide Festival of Arts commences the February 26th and goes until the 14th of March – an event that looks of particular interest is the National Theatre of Scotland’s production of ‘The James Plays’ trilogy, a political thriller about the evolution of Scottish nationhood – runs for 7 hours!
- Celestial Empire – Life in China 1644-1911 is exhibiting at the National Library of Australia in Canberra, running until the 22nd May
- Encounters – revealing stories of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander objects from the British National Museum – currently on show at the National Museum of Australia in Canberra until the 28th March
- Tacit Contemporary Art in Abbotsford present ‘Editions 16’ – the annual printmaking exhibition, now showing until the 28th February
- Malthouse Theatre present’s Picnic at Hanging Rock at the Merlyn Theatre, opens 26th February and runs until the 20th March
- Melbourne Fringe Festival 2016 – Victoria’s most vibrant independent arts showcase – open for applications Monday 4th April to Monday 23rd May. (If you have something in the pipeline, start getting your show and application together!)
- Cinema Nova – TRUMBO film starring ‘Breaking Bad’ star Bryan Cranston is now showing
More by Art Smitten
Hosts, Adalya and Thierry, interview actor Belinda Campbell about her role as Macbeth in Wit Incorporated’s production of Shakespeare’s Macbeth.