The Smitten Guide – Show 1.08 27th March
The Smitten Guide – a summary of arts and culture events happening around Melbourne, Victoria and Australia.
Re – capping the events we mentioned during the show:
From the MICF:
- SHABAMALAM – by KATE DEHNERT, Performing at the ACMI, Games Room – 24 Mar – 17 Apr 2016, 8.15pm Tue – Sat & 7.15pm Sun
- Song Contest: An Almost Eurovision Experience’ – The Alex Theatre, St Kilda – 1st -17th April
- ‘YETI’S: Demon Drive Bar’ – Performing at Roxanne Two, 2 Coverlid Place 24th March – 17th April
- YEAH ABSOLUTELY + STILL ALIVE at La Mama Theatre, 205 Faraday Street Carlton
- Baby’ by BECKY LUCAS at The Victoria Hotel – Arcadia Room, 215 Lt Collins St 24 March – 17 April
- ‘Longing Lasts Longer’ by PENNY ARCADE – The Famous Spiegeltent, Arts Centre Melbourne, 24th March – 3rd April
- Come Get Some’ by NICK CODY, ACMI – Beyond ,Federation Square, 24th March – 17th April
Not from the MICF:
- Red Stitch Theatre’s latest production Splendour – 15th March – 16th April
- Cinema Nova films April and the Extraordinary World & Where to Invade Next – both now showing
Events around Melbourne, Victoria and Australia:
- La Mama Theatre ‘Night Sings Its Songs’ – April 13th – 24th, 205 Faraday Street Carlton
- Double Bill performance at Brunswick Mechanics Institute – original Australian works with two-one act plays: Madame Bast by Matthew Sini & Don’t Tell The Women by Samantha Cunningham. – March 23rd – April 2nd.
- IMBUE exhibition at Rubicon Ari – Queensberry Street, Melbourne: IMBUE brings together four emerging artists, across the mediums of Drawing, Gold and Silversmithing and Video installation. The selected works question the ways in which the inner self fragments and dissociates itself from the sacred concept of the ‘individual’. March 23rd – April 9th
- Fort Delta Gallery – Eleanor Louise Butt ‘after-image’ – exhibiting from March 30th to April 21st
- City of Moonee Valley present ‘Authenticity’ – Incinerator Gallery, 180 Holmes Road, Moonee Ponds. April 1st – May 22nd. A hoax, a fake art fair and the comprehensive history of an artist who may or may not have even existed will be on show in Authenticity…? opening at Incinerator Gallery on 1 April. The exhibition will feature unconventional new and ongoing works from DAMP, Darren Sylvester, Patrick Pound, Michael Vale, Peter Hill and Jacqui Shelton.