The Smitten Guide – Show 1.10 10th April
The Smitten Guide – a summary of arts and culture events happening around Melbourne, Victoria and Australia.
Re – capping the events we mentioned during the show:
- She Was Probably Not A Robot by STUART BOWDEN, until 17th April at The Coopers Malthouse Tower Theatre
- Vincent Goes Splat by WIL GREENWAY, until 17th April at The Coopers Malthouse Tower Theatre
- Over Promises by TESSA WATERS, until 17th April at the Melbourne Town Hall Lunch Room
- Yeti’s Demon Dive Bar by Jennifer Byrne and Vicky Falconer-Pritchard, until 17th April at the Roxanne
Events from around Melbourne, Victoria and Australia:
- Solo exhibition by Sam Peterson clay like at the Entrance Gallery, Union House at the University of Melbourne, 20th-29th April
- Solo exhbition by Laith McGregor NOONISMIDNIGHT at The Sutton Gallery, 2nd-23rd April
- Online at No Vacany Gallery – brings together a hand picked selection of these artists to participate in a one of a kind presentation. Given a posca marker and a sheet of glass, the artists will be required to create original works, with one continuous stroke. 12th-24th April
- Iconic German photographer Sven Marquardt is exhibiting for the first time in Australia at The Substation gallery in Melbourne – Fotografien, 28th April to 31st May
- Creative Pros: Careers in the Arts – a panel of guest speakers discussing all aspects of working in the arts, a free event for 15-26yr olds. Includes guest speakers: Jessie Ray, Emilya Colliver, Pedro De Almeida, Malcolm Frawley, Ebony Williams and David Greenhalgh, Thursday 14th April in Redfern Sydney
- Migration and Settlement – an open event exhibition for which artists have been invited to respond to the theme of Migration and Settlement by making works that tell their stories of connection to place, 19th March – 17th April, Mundaring Arts Centre, Perth.