The Smitten Guide – Show 2.01 April 17th
The Smitten Guide – a summary of arts and culture events happening around Melbourne, Victoria and Australia.
Re – capping the events we mentioned during the show:
- 3 Short Films by Omrane Khuder Sunday 24th of April, 2016 at the Howler Theatre @ 12:30pm , 7-11 Dawson St, Brunswick, VIC
- PURGATORIO by Unnatural Selection Entertainment – playing at the Brunswick Mechanics Institute, 13th-16th & 20th – 23rd April at 7.30pm.
- Bright World by the Arthur Theatre company will be playing at Theatre Works, 14 Acland Street St Kilda 13th – 30th April.
- CHEMSEX – EXCLUSIVE TO CINEMA NOVA on Sunday 17th April and Monday 18th April – both screenings at 8.30pm
Events from around Melbourne, Victoria and Australia:
- Amazing shows coming up at No Vacancy Gallery: Lisa King’s first solo show Riot of Orchids – bring together fashion illustration and large scale oil paintings created with a nostalgic taste of the eighties. 18th – 24th April / / / A group show, Varial, curated by Tayla Broekman and Shannon Keane that brings together art and skateboarding. Featuring twenty young emerging artists selected from various artistic backgrounds, including illustration, fine arts, graffiti and tattooing, Varial will exhibit some of the best contemporary art around Melbourne today. 26th April – 8th May
- After the Tone by Finn Astle and Trent Crawford – 1,888 days are spent talking on a phone in an average Australians life. Days are only one way to quantify our modern communication. What we can’t see, what’s not captured in call time, is the space between calls; the pause before the disconnection. After the Tone is a film that interprets this space, pausing in the world as if it dropped out. Spaces left of people, inhabited by enduring machines. EXHIBITION DATES: 4-13 May, GEORGE PATON GALLERY, Second floor, Union House, University of Melbourne
- Kew Court House presents Sun Rising on Thursday 21st April. The five-piece tribute band takes its audience on a whistle-stop tour through the history of rock and roll, soul and the legacy of the iconic Sun Records. Thursday 21 April, 8pm
More by Art Smitten
Hosts, Adalya and Thierry, interview actor Belinda Campbell about her role as Macbeth in Wit Incorporated’s production of Shakespeare’s Macbeth.