The Smitten Guide – Show 2.05 May 15th
The Smitten Guide – a summary of arts and culture events happening around Melbourne, Victoria and Australia.
Re – capping the events we mentioned during the show:
- The Walk This Way project on until Thursday 19 May, concluding with a celebratory jam at Section 8 Tattersalls Lane on Saturday 28 May
- Sugarland is being performed at the Arts Cetren Melbourne, Thursday 19th to Saturday 21st May. Sugarland is touring Australia, so be sure to check out the ATYP website for more details about where YOU can see this production!
- Yellow Skies will be performed at the Mechanics Institute Brunswick, 18th -29th May
- Wild Lands exhibition is on at the Linden Art Gallery until July 17th.
- Green Room is now showing at Cinema Nova
Events from around Melbourne, Victoria and Australia:
- One of Germany’s most exciting visual artists, Ulla von Brandenburg, will be exhibiting her latest work, It has a Golden Yellow Sun and an Elderly Grey Moon, at The Goethe Institut in Melbourne and The Australian Center for Contemporary Art. The exhibition will open 21st May and run until 17th July.
- Join acoustic folk duo Duck Duck Goose, Sarah Wade & Jessica Foot for a twilight concert, hot drinks and sweet treats, for the launch of their new EP. Sunday 15th of May, 6pm at the Church of All Nations, Carlton. Tickets at the door.
- KINGS Artist-Run presents Strong Hold by artists Benjamin Chadbond & Kate Beckingham
- THE REVENGE OF ALEXIS COLBY by Sarah Contos – a fantastical and epic new body of work will collage video animation, sculpture and textiles is now showing at the Australian Experimental Art Foundation in Adelaide until Saturday 21st May.
- Insert Art Here, a group of arts students from La Trobe Univeristy got together and created an art space that you are invited to come and check out. The Exhibition will be held in the Play Room next to the student theatre in the Union Building at La Trobe campus, 16th – 20th May.
More by Art Smitten
London comedy duo Roulston & Young come straight from the Adelaide Cabaret Festival to Melbourne’s Butterfly Club, to deliver an hour of […]