Things I’ve Learnt: Day One
1. Shows that are aired all year round are called ‘Flagship’ programs
2. Segments should run for approximately seven minutes; any longer and the EP will make random gestures at you
3. SYN is home to a mountain of CDs
4. A new studio requires a lot of planning and hard work
5. If you turn off the lights in the studio you get super sexy lighting
Today was my first day of work experience at SYN radio.
The day started with Belle giving us a tour and also explaining the laws surrounding media and broadcasting. Next was a staff meeting, which was an interesting insight into how much work and planning goes into making SYN run and expand. After that was wrapping CDs, and then Annie and I got to observe Tim’s Objection show in the studios.
Overall, a pretty fun day, everyone’s super nice and friendly even if you’re super awkward, and I think it’s pretty admirable that everyone who works at SYN is a volunteer.