SYN’s workshop resources include podcasts of workshops and audio and video pieces created by workshop participants. As part of SYN’s education and training program, we run a range of workshops and learning events for students and teachers throughout the year.
Last year, these included podcasting, video basics and radio play workshops at Signal Youth Space in Melbourne. We also held our annual teacher professional learning event, Media Learning Week, at the State Library of Victoria.
To find out about upcoming SYN workshops and to check out the 2010 Signal workshop program, go to our upcoming workshops page.
- Signal Young Journo workshop with Chris Stubbs (Fox Sports News) – In this podcast, Chris Stubbs, reporter for Fox Sports News, talks about being a reporter for Fox Sports, the different opportunities and challenges in sports journalism and the best ways to get experience when you’re starting out.
- Signal Young Journo workshop with Joanna McCarthy (ABC) – In this podcast, former SYNner Joanna McCarthy talks about journalism degrees, her experience in current affairs, her current work for Radio Australia in the Asia-Pacific and advice about breaking into current affairs journalism.
These workshops are part of the Signal workshop series, held at the City of Melbourne’s Signal Youth Space. The Young Journo workshops bring journalists working in the Australian media to Signal, to talk to young people about working in journalism.
- Workshop content: these podcasts and videos are created by participants in SYN workshops.
Podcasting workshop kit: these resources complement SYN’s podcasting workshops. The podcasting workshop kit includes a workshop module and a podcasting training manual.
Video blogging workshop kit: these resources complement SYN’s video blogging workshops. The video blogging workshop kit includes a workshop module and a video blogging training manual.
- Video blogging workshop module
- Video blogging training manual
- All video tutorials from podcasting module
Back to multimedia resources.