Youth Homelessness Matters Day
Wednesday April 15 was no ordinary hump day, but Youth Homelessness Matters Day.
Those of us lucky enough to have a nice, safe place to call home and tuck into a warm, comfortable bed at night might question, how much of an issue is youth homelessness?
Panorama reporter Emma D’Agostino chats to the Salvation Army, Swinburne University, Melbourne City Mission, Frankston City Council and the Council to Homeless Persons (CHP) to find out.
(Spoiler alert: It’s a big issue.)
Things to keep an eye out for:
- Opportunities to join Melbourne City Mission’s Youth Action Group
- The State Government’s response to CHP’s call for a guaranteed housing fund for young people leaving state care.
- Frankston City Council’s fundraiser for increased homelessness services
- The second installment of The Cost of Youth Homelessness in Australia, due later this year.
- The Salvation Army’s Red Shield Appeal.
More by Panorama
March 20th, 2017 was International Day of Happiness, as proposed by Chairman and CEO of Illien Global Public Benefit Corporation and former […]
A recent backlash by Youtube users surrounding pro-LGBTIQ content that is hidden when restricted mode is activated has prompted Youtube to apologize. […]
A proposed change to labeling of non-dairy milk products has been raised by the dairy industry. Panorama reporter Kasia Kosidlo spoke to Dairy […]