Anyone 12-25 can make radio, podcasts TV, digital media or volunteer behind the scenes at SYN.
If you want to learn more before you commit – come to our monthly SYN info session for new volunteers. Fill out the RSVP form below. SYN Info Nights are currently on hold due to the current closure of our physical space in RMIT University. We’re still making content so contact us directly with any questions about Induction.)
No prior experience necessary – We offer a two-day training course in radio, screen and editing. You must complete the SYN Induction Training to volunteer at SYN.
Please note: You can only participate in SYN if you are between the ages of 12-25.
As a volunteer, you can:
- Present or produce a radio or TV program (Join an existing program or pitch your own!)
- Pitch and produce your own original podcast (with free platform hosting and promotion)
- Participate in our industry and skill building Content Labs and Workshops
- Write reviews, editorials and online features
- Apply for our volunteer Leadership Team (SYN’s Professional Development Program)
- Join our Industry Mentoring Program
- Apply for and participate in our Board Intership program
- Volunteer on event and admin projects
- Meet and connect with a community of over 200 other passionate young people