Anyone 12-25 can make radio, podcasts, TV, digital media, or volunteer behind the scenes at SYN.
If you want to learn more before you commit – Contact our Induction Coordinator, Laura, with any questions about Induction training.
No prior experience necessary – We offer a two-day training course in radio, screen and editing.
You must complete the SYN Induction Training to volunteer at SYN.
Please note: You can only participate in SYN if you are between the ages of 12-25. SYN’s content is by young people for young people.
As a volunteer, you can:
- Present or produce a radio and/or TV program (Join an existing program or pitch your own)
- Pitch and produce your own original podcast (with free platform hosting and promotion)
- Participate in our industry and skill building Content Labs and Workshops
- Write reviews, editorials and online features
- Apply for our volunteer Leadership Team (SYN’s Professional Development Program)
- Join our Industry Mentoring Program
- Apply for and participate in our Board Internship program
- Volunteer on event and admin projects
- Receive day-to-day support with your goals and resume development
- Access to SYN’s industry standard broadcast and recording studios
- Book equipment, including Zoom Recorders & Cameras to make content
- Host an outside broadcast for your show
- Apply for SYN Awards and participate in our Leadership camp!
- Meet and connect with a community of over 300 other passionate young people