Lab Rats Episode 9: Bugs, Insects, and Entomology
This week Nicholas and Alayna bug each other out with fascinating info about insects. We have everything you need to know about bees, ants, and other creepy crawlies. No drosophila flies were harmed in the making of this episode, unfortunately.
This week our first interview is with a masters-level scientist from the University of Guelph in Canada, Aaron Fairweather, who is an expert on ants and ant diversity.
AARON FAIRWEATHER INTERVIEW:
Alayna tackles a subject that she likes to eat with her Weet-Bix every morning. She speaks to Dr Shona Blair about honey and the bees that make it.
DR SHONA BLAIR INTERVIEW:
- Butterflies in Reverse - Counting Crows
- The Spider and the Fly - The Rolling Stones
- Fireflies - Fleetwood Mac
- Honey Bee - Lucinda Williams
- Ant Invasion - Adam and the Ants
- Grasshopper - Mamas and the Papas
- Aussie Mozzie - Don Spencer
- Black Widow - Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora
More by Lab Rats - The SYN Science Show
Are you feeling energised? Maybe a little electric? You’re ready for this week’s episode on Energy and Thermodynamics! We simplify the laws of thermodynamics, […]