Mighty Fitzroy’s Future – A Warning
The Fitzroy River in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia is a National Heritage listed biodiversity hotspot. But depending on who you listen to, it’s either under threat of becoming a Murray Darling Basin disaster or it’s a sleeping giant of developing the north into the great food bowl of the growing Asian market.
In this three-part series, centred around the second Ministerial meeting into the future of the Fitzroy River, Dylan Storer explores different issues, points of view and opinions surrounding the future of The Mighty Fitzroy.
In This Episode
- Alannah MacTiernan, Western Australian Minister for Agriculture
- Dave Kelly, Western Australian Minister for Water
- Grant Rigney, Ngarrindjeri Regional Authority Board Member, South Australia
- William “Badger” Bates, Senior Elder – Barkandji Nation, New South Wales
- Dr Anne Poelina, Chairperson – Martuwarra Fitzroy River Council
April 1st 2019Read more by Dylan Storer
Category: Audio, News, News and Commentary, Politics, Programs
Tags: agriculture, Fitzroy River, water
More by The Edge
Young LNP Chair suspended over racist video
The Gold Coast Young Liberal National Party have deleted their Facebook Page after publishing a video in which their chair was seen […]
Is The National Native Title Conference Broken?
This year the National Native Title Conference was held at the MCG in Melbourne, tickets cost over $600 and major sponsors included […]
Mighty Fitzroy’s Future – Our Economy
The Fitzroy River in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia is a National Heritage listed biodiversity hotspot. But depending on who you listen […]