NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – WEDNESDAY 27 OCTOBER, 2021
NOTICE TO SYN MEMBERS – SAVE THE DATE
Please be advised that in accordance with our constitution, the Annual General Meeting of the Student Youth Network Inc. (No. A0039919B) will be held as follows:
Wednesday 27th October 2021 at 6:30pm online on Zoom. CLICK HERE to register your attendance at least 24 hours before the AGM. Those members who are eligible to vote and are registered to this Zoom event will be sent an additional unique link on the evening to cast their ballot during nominations.
The annual report and audited financial statements will be presented to the members, and elections for the Board of Management will be held.
The agenda and meeting papers can be downloaded at the bottom of this page, including:
- Annual General Meeting 2020 Minutes
- Nomination Form for Ordinary Board Members
- A Proxy Voting Form
- Board Member – Position Description
- Agenda for 2021’s General Meeting
If you have queries or specific topics of interest you’d like to discuss, please email General Manager, Evrim Şen, via [email protected] latest one week prior to the AGM, by the 20th of October 2021.
The 2020-21 annual report and reviewed financial statements will be published before the meeting date and made available to download at the bottom of this page.
SYN BOARD ELECTION – NOMINATIONS
Three ordinary board positions and board President are open for election onto the SYN Board of Management at the 2021 Annual General Meeting.
In accordance with SYN’s Constitution two ordinary board members and the position of President elected at the 2021 AGM must be filled by individuals under 26 years of age on the date of the 2021 Annual General Meeting. Affirmative action will be taken by the SYN Board of Management to achieve compliance with these rules if required.
To be eligible to nominate you must be a paid SYN member, signed up at least 24 hours before the AGM. If you are not a SYN volunteer or contributor but wish to nominate, please sign up as a member via the form below and send it along with your nomination form.
If you are an existing member and wish to nominate but need to renew your SYN membership, please head to members.syn.org.au. Select ‘Register’ to proceed with updating your info and sending through your payment. Please register using the email address you originally signed up to SYN with, which can be updated once you’re logged into SYN’s Members Portal platform.
The nomination form can be downloaded below. Nomination forms are due one week before the AGM, all nominations must be received by 6.30pm on Wednesday the 20th of October 2021.
If you have any further questions regarding Board nominations, please contact President Eleanor Doran via [email protected]
SYN BOARD ELECTION – VOTING
Proxy votes can be allocated (as per the proxy form) to any member attending the AGM, with the following guidelines:
- Proxy votes must be submitted 24 hours prior to the AGM; by Tuesday 26 October, 6.30pm.
- Forms can be downloaded below and submitted to General Manager, Evrim Şen, via [email protected];
- No more than three proxy votes can be allocated to any one person;
To be eligible to vote at the 2021 AGM, based off our constitution, you must be a current paid member and have:
- Been a SYN Member for at least 3 months prior to the date (registered and paid for the first time by the 27th of July 2021)
- Have not had your unpaid membership lapse for longer than 12 months (the due date for your renewal fee must not be older than the 27th of October 2020)
- Out-of-date SYN memberships that meet these criteria to vote must be renewed at least 24 hours prior to the AGM. If you need to renew your SYN membership please head to members.syn.org.au.
Select ‘Register’ to proceed with updating your info and sending through your payment. Please register using the email address you originally signed up to SYN with, which can be updated once you’re logged into SYN’s Members Portal platform.